ADHD Awareness Month 2014 - A Recap
As ADHD Awareness Month comes to a close for 2014, it seems appropriate to review some of the activities.
How Did ADHD Awareness Month Get Started?
October is ADHD Awareness Month! But it hasn't always been this way. In this interview from Attention Talk Radio, Jeff Copper and Michele Novotni discuss the origins of ADHD Awareness Week.
It all began when David Giwerc, Michele Novotni and Evelyn Green worked together to write and implement US Resolution 390, which was eventually approved unanimously by the US Senate and is now known as ADHD Awareness Month.
Celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the Birth of an Industry!
- In this edition of Attention Talk Radio, we interview Dr. Ned Hallowell (www.drhallowell.com) and Master Certified Coach David Giwerc (www.addca.com) to celebrate the 20-year anniversary of this historic event. Dr. Hallowell talks about how the reference came about, what his vision was at the time, and what he thought the future might bring. We also talk with master certified coach David Giwerc on what ADHD coaching is today, how it has evolved, and what the future looks like. If you are part of the ADHD community, you won’t want to miss this show!
- - See more at: http://addca.com/adhd-coach-training/ADHD-Blog-Det...
- The idea of ADHD coaching was first mentioned in the book Driven to Distraction co-authored by Dr. Ned Hallowell published in 1994. In this edition of Attention Talk Radio, Dr. Ned Hallowell and Master Certified Coach David Giwerc celebrate the 20-year anniversary of this historic event.
In talking about this interview, Dr Hallowell said this through social media: “(ADHD) Coaching can be more valuable than what a doctor can offer.” This shows you how far the credibility of the coaching profession has come to be recognized as such a critical part of a comprehensive program that can significantly and positively impact people with ADHD.
You've heard of "TED" talks, right? ADDA has created TADD Talks as part of ADHD Awareness Month. They’ve been Talking about ADD (TADD) every day the entire month of October! This talks comes from David Giwerc - From Pathology to Positivity with ADHD – Why It Works and Needs to Be Expanded.
Facts and Figures
- The Many Faces of ADHD: ADHD in the U.S. Population
- The Many Faces of ADHD: ADHD in the teen years. What does it feel like and what impact does it have? -
- The Many Faces of ADHD: Women - What does it look like for women, & how is it different than men with ADHD?
- The many faces of ADHD: Parenting a Child with ADHD. Early intervention is key, ensuring success at school, ensuring success at home
10 Tips to Help You Better Manage ADHD
We're sharing 10 tips to help you better manage ADHD. These are real tips that can have an immediate ipact on your life. Get all 10 tips here.
Tweet Follow @ADDCA