Daylight Savings Time Changes
All ADDCA class start times are based on Eastern Time in the U.S. An easy reference is to use a time zone converter and look at the time in New York.
Twice per year, Daylight Savings Time changes the clocks. This happens at 2:00 AM on a Sunday morning.
- In the U.S. spring, our time moves back an hour. This typically happens the second Sunday in March.
- In the U.S. fall, the time moves up an hour. This typically happens the first Sunday in November.
An easy way to remember this is “spring forward, fall back”.
Upcoming time changes will be discussed in active classes, and we will also send an email reminder as it approaches.
Registering for a Class
If you are registering for a class, you can use the time zone converter to see how the local time for the course may be impacted.
- Access the time zone converter link
- Add New York as a location (because ADDCA uses New York time for scheduling)
- Update the calendar to show a date after the next time change
- Add the regular class time on the New York line
- Add your location on a separate line
- Class time for your location should show up
Upcoming time changes:
- March 11, 2018
- November 4, 2018
- March 10, 2019
- November 3, 2019
- March 8, 2020
- November 1, 2020
- March 14, 2021
- November 7, 2021
Tweet Follow @ADDCA