Happy Thanksgetting Published on November 26, 2015
by Jay Perry Chief Talent Champion / Take Charge of Your Talent
All ADHD coaches (and their training) are not created equal
David Giwerc, MCAC, MCC, and Jeff Copper, MBA, PCC, PCAC, CPCC, ACG talk about the importance of going through an accredited coach training program.
Earning a certification from an accredited ADHD life coach training program distinguishes you as an elite professional ADHD coach.
Accreditation Matters article series - Part 1 – Part 2 – Part 3 – Part 4
To recap our first 3 articles in the series:
- Anyone can call themselves an ADHD coach regardless of their training and qualifications
- The preeminent governing bodies in the coaching profession, ICF, PAAC, develop standards that accredited coach training programs must meet
- ADHD coaches need special training in both the ICF life coaching competencies and the ADHD Coaching competencies (PAAC), plus an understanding of the ADHD brain and other specialty areas related to executive functions.
Now we will talk about the different types of ICF and PAAC certification.
When looking for a quality ADHD coach or ADHD coach training program, it’s important to remember two things:
- Quality coach training programs are accredited (by ICF and PAAC)
- Individual coaches apply for certification as a credentialed professional coach (from the accredited program and/or ICF and PAAC).
The Academic Success Center team at Tulane University, led by ADDCA graduate Michele Oelking, was recently awarded the President's Staff Excellence Award.
by Caroline Maguire, PCC, M.Ed.
You need not helicopter to help your child make friends — in fact, too much parental interference can do more harm than good, especially in middle school.
Follow these strategies to boost your tween's confidence and skills in the most challenging settings and scenarios.
Have you wondered what ADHD coaching can do for you?
This is a poem written by Erin Dingle, following a session with Laura Godfrey, her ADHD coach, that answers that question.
The ADHD filter often takes in more of the world around us.
It can either lead to overwhelm, or a connection to a perspective so brilliant, that when articulated, it shines the light on new pathways, products and possibilities.
- David Giwerc