What is ADHD Coaching?
ADHD coaching is an ongoing partnership that helps clients live more effective and satisfying lives by deepening their learning, improving their performance, and enhancing their quality of life.
Clients with ADHD have the same human needs as any coaching client, and also face unique challenges related to ADHD, which can interfere with their quality of life. These challenges might include hyperactivity, impulsivity, and/or inattention, as well as the belief that they can't reach their goals because they have ADHD.
Why Hire a Well-Trained Coach?
AN ADHD COACH...read more
How ADD Coaching Works* Helps clients identify their positive ADHD characteristics and to appreciate their strengths.
* Improve client's understanding of ADHD related to their learning styles & personal challenges.
* Nurtures personal awareness and responsibility and encourages the client to look for options that lead to progress and success.
* Guides the client into actions that (re)build self-esteem, self-awareness and self- regulation.
* Focuses on the client's executive functioning skills (i.e., planning, prioritizing & analyzing) to create customized systems that will improve the client's consistency & effectiveness.
* Offers a safe environment for clients who need to let go of their isolation & helps them form a nurturing connection with another person.
* Provides consistent accountability & encourages the client to move beyond thinking into appropriate action.
* Helps clients learn to advocate & speak out for their own needs, questions & boundaries. read more
What to look for in an ADHD Coach
The relationship between coach and client is that of a partnership. A good fit between coach and client is vital. Below are questions that can be asked of a prospective ADHD coach in determining the specifics of how the partnership will work. In asking these questions one might also be listening for the less tangible, but equally important characteristics such as style, energy and tone of the prospective coach being interviewed.read more