Advanced ADHD Coach Training
The Basic program gives you the building blocks of coaching and of understanding ADHD.
The Advanced program challenges you to take your intellectual knowledge of ADHD, executive functioning, basic neuroscience, the coaching conversation, habit change, mindfulness, and positive psychology and, through in-class exercises and practice, incorporate all of it into your very bones so that you truly listen, see, and question from an ADHD coach’s perspective.
Train the premier ADHD coaches in the world so they can skillfully educate and coach people of all ages to embrace the strengths bestowed by their unique brain wiring, and empower them to build meaningful, joyful, and successful lives.
By enrolling in any of ADDCA's accredited personal development and coach training programs, you will receive an unparalleled education in how to successfully coach all age groups of people impacted by ADHD.
Since 1998, the ADD Coach Academy has been training and graduating coaches who energize and empower individuals with ADHD to create the life they truly desire and deserve, but never dreamed was possible.
We do this better than any other coach training program in the world by employing practical, memorable, and easy to understand language, tools, and proprietary models that are all supported by validated scientific research.
During our comprehensive coach training program, you will learn how to employ coaching skills, strategies, and competencies using an engaging conversational model. This model builds upon the clients' understanding of their own ADHD, their processing styles, and their personal character strengths to confidently build a life full of passion, purpose, and possibility.
The ADDCA comprehensive Coach Training Program is segmented into developmental levels.
- The Simply ADHD and Personal Transformation courses, which are the foundational anchors for the entire program.
- The Basic Coach Training course builds upon those two foundational courses. It introduces students to the ethics and competencies of coaching, and presents a developmental model which identifies the different stages of client growth. It also introduces students to a coaching conversational model which integrates both the ICF (life) and PAAC (ADHD) coaching competencies, and provides tools you can use to move clients toward achieving important goals. The Basic Training course also provides required skill development practice and a module focused on how to establish and position your coaching practice in the global marketplace.
Students completing the Basic ADDCA Coach Training requirements will be able to demonstrate coaching competency at the first certification level, which is the Associate Certified Coach (ICF) or Certified ADHD Coach Practitioner (PAAC).
- The Advanced Coach Training course builds upon the competencies, tools and knowledge learned in the Basic course and strengthens/deepens your coaching skills.
- You will gain more advanced tools, strategies and models, and the additional training and practice will teach you to integrate all of your knowledge and tools into your coaching conversations. This additional training will be combined with more challenging, complex client scenarios and coaching practicums, and will take your coaching skills to a deeper level.
It will make your coaching more powerful with existing clients and will give you the confidence to attract new clients.
The Advanced Coach Training course provides 90+ additional hours of coaching competency education and practice to prepare students to demonstrate coaching competency at the second certification level at ADDCA, which makes you eligible for the Professional Certified Coach (ICF) or Professional Certified ADHD Coach (PAAC).
You will learn how to coach people with ADHD to:
- Become more self aware of their unique ADHD challenges to truly understand what has been getting in their way
- Discover how they learn and process information to allow for greater comprehension and understanding of tasks, learning assignments, instructions, etc.
- Identify and utilize their strengths so they can activate their brains and gain the confidence and motivation to take action that creates positive momentum toward completing important tasks and goals
- Successfully work with their unique brain wiring to create strategies, systems, and structures that will support their special way of doing things and allow for greater, consistent success
With ADDCA's Advanced coach training program, you will learn how to powerfully move people with ADHD from the daily frustration, stress, and anxiety of living with their invisible ADHD challenges to creating a new life where they can confidently manage and thrive with their ADHD.
The ADDCA Difference
Year after year, the ADD Coach Academy trains and graduates the largest and most respected group of ADHD coaches in the world.
Our program has developed and evolved through 20 years of successful experience working with all age groups of people diagnosed with ADHD. The knowledge, skills, and models we teach in our training program cannot be learned at any other coach training program in the world.
Here are a few of the program elements that distinguish us from all other programs:
- Focus on Processing Styles
No other coach training program teaches coaches about preferred and dominant processing styles and how these work together in different learning situations for individuals with ADHD.
This knowledge is critical to helping your future clients discover how they learn and process information. In turn, this allows for better understanding and completion of important academic and workplace assignments, tasks, and goals.
- Become Both a Certified Life Coach and ADHD Coach
Our comprehensive coach training program prepares you to be able to obtain your certification credentials in both Life Coaching and ADHD Coaching. A growing number of our trainees are becoming Life Coaches with a specialty in ADHD, which allows them to market their coaching services to a larger client base.
- A Neurodiverse Strengths- Based Approach
Other programs only focus on how to manage the challenges and impairments of ADHD. However, truly helping someone with their ADHD comes from a balanced approach. They must understand and manage their challenges, but they must also learn to create positive momentum so they can move forward with their lives. This positive momentum comes when you help them understand their unique strengths and show them how to use those strengths to reach their goals.
The program focuses on training you to uncover each individual’s neurodiverse strengths and then to use that knowledge and understanding to encourage ADHD individuals to work with their brains to create more successful, fulfilling lives.
To do it any other way denies individuals with ADHD the essential foundational tools and strategies they need to make sustainable positive changes in their lives.
- Research and Evidence Based
Our comprehensive ADHD coach training is supported by the most current neuroscience research on the neurotypical and ADHD brain. This is very helpful when educating your clients about the differences and challenges of the ADHD brain and how they show up for each individual in various situations. Our training program also incorporates the latest research from the fields of Positive Psychology, Mindfulness, Executive Functioning, Willpower, Habit Change, and Goal Setting.
- Business Development
We don’t just teach you about ADHD and coaching. Our Basic curriculum includes a module on starting a coaching practice and how to position your practice so that it stands out. Building your coaching practice is not about selling, it is about passionately displaying your purpose for coaching in an engaging, interesting format that will attract the type of clients that will be interested in learning more about you and your style of coaching.
This module encourages development of a business and marketing plan, asks you to identify your initial target market, invites you to practice delivering a complimentary session, and supports you to develop your first welcome packet.
Advanced modules include discussions on managing your clients and paperwork, developing an elevator speech, exploring ethical situations that might arise, and concluding a coaching partnership.
The ADD Coach Academy is the first and only comprehensive ADHD coach training program accredited by the:
International Coach Federation (ICF), the global governing body for the coaching profession
Professional Association of ADHD Coaches (PAAC), the international organization that credentials ADHD coaches and accredits qualified ADHD coach training programs
Our coach training meets and upholds the rigorous training standards that have been set by those governing bodies.
Our graduates will have met the training requirements to become certified coaches with both ICF and PAAC.
ADDCA provides you the opportunity with our one training program to become certified in two areas of expertise – life coaching and ADHD coaching.
David Giwerc, Founder and President of the ADD Coach Academy, and Barbara Luther, Director of Training, have 40 years of combined experience coaching clients and training ADHD coaches. David and Barbara are both MCAC (Master Certified ADHD Coaches), Master Certified Coaches (MCC), and Board Certified Coaches (BCC).
The rest of the ADDCA faculty have decades of additional client coaching and coach training experience, and they are all certified coaches at the Professional or Master level. We have been training ADHD coaches longer than anyone else in the world. We know what works! There are thousands of people with ADHD who were barely surviving but are now thriving due to their ADDCA trained coaches.
- Proprietary Models
Our proprietary models and coaching processes have been developed, refined, and used by our coaches and their clients over many years. These models were developed to take the complicated scientific neuroscience and medical language of ADHD and the brain, and the invisible impairments of ADHD, and convert that knowledge into simple language that all ages of individuals can quickly and easily understand. This is very helpful for clients learning how to manage their ADHD.
These proprietary models can only truly be learned and fully practiced in our ADDCA training programs.
The ADD Coach Academy is currently involved in cutting edge research with the VIA Institute on Character Strengths. We are the only ADHD coach training program in the world involved in this type of research.
- Library of Resources and Demo Sessions
You will gain access to our extensive library of ADHD research articles, ADHD resources and tools, coaching tools, and example documents. This also includes recordings of ADHD coaching sessions demonstrated by the top ADHD coaches and trainers in the world. The library opens up to even more resources as students move into the Advanced program.
Your comprehensive ADDCA coach training will provide you with the practical knowledge, proven skills, and practice to confidently work as an outstanding ADHD coach.
If you want to take your life and ADHD coaching skills to a deeper level of coaching proficiency and gain the confidence that comes with more knowledge, practice, experience, and expert feedback, then the ADD Coach Academy's Advanced Coach Training program is the right training choice for you.
All teleclasses involve long distance learning conducted on the highest quality fiber optic telephone bridge lines. All classes are set up in private bridge lines with a special code which only your classmates can access.
This provides you and your classmates with your own virtual classroom which is private and supports confidentiality for sharing within classes.
All teleclasses are recorded. If you miss an occasional teleclass or just want to review the class content, you can download the recording and listen when and where you prefer.
Module 99 (Simply ADHD Course)
Two 90-minute teleclasses per week for 6 ½ weeks (13 sessions)
Module 100 (Personal Transformation Course)
Two 90-minute teleclasses per week for 9 weeks (18 sessions)
Module 101-104 (Basic ADHD Coach Training Course)
Two 90-minute teleclasses per week for 16 weeks (26 sessions)
Ten 60-minute practicum teleclasses occurring alongside modules 102 and 103 (10 sessions)
Module 201 – 207 (Advanced ADHD Coach Training Course)
Two 90-minute teleclasses per week for 27 weeks (54 sessions)
Ten 60-minute practicum teleclasses occurring alongside modules 202 through 206 (10 sessions)
We have gone green! You will receive four electronic ADDCA course manuals - one for Simply ADHD, one for Personal Transformation, and one for the Basic ADHD modules 101 - 103, and one for the Advanced modules 201 - 206. These training manuals include proprietary ADDCA coaching models, ADHD and coaching knowledge, tools, strategies, and mind maps for visual learners.
If you wish, you can purchase hard copy manuals for an additional charge at registration checkout.
The student portal provides private access to the specific program(s) you have registered for. You can access teleclass recordings, expert coaching demonstrations with clients, your schedule of classes, classmate contact information, a library of proprietary information, research articles, ADHD and coaching educational articles, announcements, and personal transcripts in the portal.
Coaching Skills Practicum
Modules 104 and 207 of the program are practicum teleclasses that occur alongside other modules. These practicums provide you opportunities to practice your ADHD coaching skills and receive feedback from a credentialed, experienced teleclass leader.
The practicum sessions occur on opposite days to your general teleclasses but usually at the same time of day. (For example, if modules 101 through 103 are on Mondays and Wednesdays at 11 am, then your module 104 practicum sessions will likely be on Tuesdays or Thursdays at 11 am.)
You will be assigned classmate learning partners, usually in groups of three. We encourage the learning partner groups to meet weekly to practice using the tools and strategies you are learning, to coach one another, and to receive feedback. This additional practice and opportunity to process and apply what you are learning will deepen and strengthen your development as an ADHD coach.
Marketing Support for Coach Graduates
After graduating from Advanced ADHD Coach Training, you can receive a free listing in the ADDCA Coach Directory where you can present your new coaching business.
Completion of Simply ADHD, Personal Transformation, and the Basic and Advanced courses will give you 182.5 CCE hours of core coaching competency training.
- The cost of the program does not include the following.
- The cost for phone calls or internet - Find out more
- The cost of mentor coaching - Mentor coaching is a requirement for graduation and certification at ADDCA, as well as for ICF and PAAC certification. This is a separate fee paid to the mentor coach. ADDCA will provide a recommended list of mentor coaches who have agreed to hold a few reduced-rate spots for ADDCA mentees. The approximate cost of mentor coaching for 5 hours at the Basic level is $750. The approximate cost of mentor coaching for 5 hours at the Advanced level is an additional $750.
- ADDCA Certification Application - There is no application fee to apply and test for Advanced graduation. However, there is an application fee when you choose to apply and test for the ADDCA Certified Coach Graduate (ACCG) certification exam.
- ICF and/or PAAC Certification Application – There is a fee to apply for certification at both ICF and PAAC. That fee depends on what level you are applying for and whether you are applying as a portfolio or accredited program applicant. Please go to those organizations’ web sites to learn their fee structures.
Advanced students are required to maintain 3 paying clients throughout their Advanced training program. Students will document these clients in their portal client log. Should a client finish while you are still in training, you will have two weeks to bring on a replacement paying client.
Read what our students say
New to ADDCA? Find out more about the program by listening to our free introductory teleclass.
ACG = ADDCA Coach Graduate (Advanced Program)
ACCG = ADDCA Certified Coach Graduate (Advanced Program)
Course ModulesSimply ADHD Course (M-99)
This foundational course will provide you with an understanding of the breadth and depth of ADHD and executive functions described in everyday language. We explore the aspects of ADHD from a challenge as well as a strength context, look at environments for success, and offer some of the related neuroscience and concepts that apply to each ADHD trait.
We also provide proven tools, proprietary models, and strategies that powerfully support those impacted by ADHD to allow them to minimize and/or manage it so they can live more joyful, fulfilling lives.
Personal Transformation (PT) (M-100)
During this next foundational course, you will engage in a transformational exploration of a set of coaching tools you will use first for yourself, then with your ADHD clients. You will participate in your own process of growth and self development while also learning from the process of others. You'll get your first look at the ADDCA Foundational Principles which will provide you with a powerful lens to view your best, authentic self and begin developing your own foundational principles upon which your coaching business will stand.
The end goal of the PT classes is to create a clear picture of the key strengths, values, and attributes which genuinely identify who you are so that what you choose to do with your life is aligned with your core essence as a human being. This will allow you to gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of what your clients with and without ADHD will experience in their own journey toward personal growth, success and fulfillment. It will provide you with expanded insight and confidence as you integrate the ADHD coaching skills with your future clients.
Introduction to Coaching (M-101)
This module is designed to introduce you to personal life coaching. We'll define coaching and discuss what it means to be a coach. We'll also look at how life coaching is distinguished from other professions such as therapy or counseling, and how ADHD coaching differs from general life coaching. You'll get your first look at the International Coach Federation's Core Coaching Competencies and the ethical guidelines we follow as well as look at the Professional Association of ADHD Coaches' Core Coaching Competencies and Ethics.
Our goal is that by the end of this module, you'll have your own way to explain what coaching is, and specifically what ADHD coaching can do to support those impacted by ADHD.
LEAP & QuestVersation© Models (M-102)
This module is designed to introduce you to two basic ADDCA coaching models:
- LEAP - the four stages of client development and growth
QuestVersation© - focuses on a Quest for client clarity utilizing skills that are essential for a disciplined coaching conversation
These models will serve as a foundation for your coaching. They will inform and guide you throughout every coaching session in your training and in your future coaching practice.
As you learn the steps of the coaching conversation and skills used in each step, you will also learn how to utilize the coaching competencies within the conversation. Practicing the competencies within the coaching conversation will prepare you to become a certified coach.
This module challenges you to learn the structure of an ADHD coaching conversation plus some basic tools for each step so you are prepared to successfully practice your coaching skills with clients at a basic level of coaching.
Establishing the Coaching Partnership (M-103)
This module invites you to think about the coaching relationship and how to establish a strong partnership of trust. You will explore what you need to start a coaching relationship off on a strong note, and you will use our ADDCA forms to develop your first Welcome Packet which will uniquely position you and your coaching practice in the marketplace.
This module also encourages you to explore and identify your first target market, set fees, and develop a basic business and marketing plan to attract coaching clients. You will practice introducing yourself as a coach and explore how to enroll new clients. This module invites you to develop processes for your coaching business and decide how to articulate roles, responsibilities, and expectations in the coaching relationship.
Coaching Skills Practicum (M-104)
Coaching Skills Practicum teleclasses provide you opportunities to practice your skills and receive oral and written feedback from credentialed, experienced teleclass leaders. You will also learn as you listen to your classmates' coaching and feedback, noting the steps of the conversation, practicing the ICF and PAAC coaching competencies, and listening/working from an ADHD lens.
Receiving the Client (M-201)
This module is designed to introduce you to the QUESTVERSATION© skill of Receiving. This is the first and foundational skill you'll use as a coach, and it is an essential element for powerfully impactful coaching.
This module is designed to introduce you to the QUESTVERSATION© step of Witnessing, where we will further our understanding of being an Observer for our clients.
This module is designed to introduce you to the essential coaching skill of questioning that is used throughout the QUESTVERSATION© process. First, we'll explore what it means to powerfully question. That includes how questioning fits into the core competencies and supports the ADDCA Foundational Principles.
Filtering Thoughts and Beliefs (M-204)
This module is designed to introduce you to the skill of filtering clients’ thoughts and beliefs and provide you with some models and tools to effectively filter. First, we’ll discuss what it means to filter and the related ICF core competencies when we filter.
Activating a Plan (M-205)
This module is designed to introduce you to the skill of activating your clients’ plans and provide you with some models and tools to effectively get clients into action and keep them in action. First, we’ll discuss what it means to activate and the related ICF core competencies.
Reinventing a Successful Picture (M-206)
This module is designed to introduce you to the skill of reinventing a successful picture with your clients, and this module provides you with some models and tools to effectively help your clients see themselves in new, powerful ways and keep taking actions that support their powerful new self image.
Coaching Skills Practicum (M-207)
Coaching Skills Practicum teleclasses provide you opportunities to practice your skills and receive feedback from a credentialed teleclass leader.
Graduation and Certification Requirements
ADDCA offers multiple levels of accomplishment for Advanced ADHD Coach Training students. The level you pursue is based on your purpose for taking the courses.
- Certificate of Completion
- Graduation (ACG designation – ADDCA Coach Graduate)
- Certification (ACCG designation – ADDCA Certified Coach Graduate)
Certificate of Completion (without ACG designation):
This certificate is beneficial for the following situations:
- You are already a certified coach who wants to add an ADHD specialty and/or use the training to renew your certification
To receive a Certificate of Completion, you must attend 80% or more of each module in person (live, on the phone) and participate in class. However, you may choose to not to complete the remainder of the requirements for graduation.
Advanced students are required to maintain 3 paying clients throughout their Advanced training program. Students will document these clients in their portal client log. Should a client finish while you are still in training, you will have two weeks to bring on a replacement paying client.
Graduation (with ACG designation):
You can graduate from the Advanced ADHD Coach Training program and receive an ADDCA Coach Graduate (ACG) designation by meeting the following criteria:
- Attendance: Complete the Simply ADHD (Module 99), Personal Transformation (Module 100), Basic Course (Modules 101-103) and Advanced Course (Modules 201-206) at or above the required 80% attendance level
- Module Reviews: Successfully complete the Module Reviews for each module.
- Coaching Skills Practicum (Modules 104 and 207): Meet the following requirements of the Coaching Skills Practicum: practice being a coach 6 times, act as the client 2 times, observe other practicum sessions, and complete observation forms on those observed sessions.
- Mentor Coaching*: Work with an ADHD PCC/PCAC or MCC/MCAC mentor coach for at least 10 hours. Hours from Basic ADHD do count toward this total. Up to 7 of those hours can be group mentor coaching. (Note: If you plan to apply for certification, ICF and PAAC require 10 hours of mentor coaching.) This mentoring must be spread out over a minimum of a 3-month time period and some of the hours must be completed within six months prior to your application for graduation.
- Mentor Letter of Recommendation: Obtain 1 letter of recommendation from your mentor coach confirming you are coaching at the PCC/PCAC level
- Client Coaching: Submit a log confirming that you have coached at least 5 clients for a minimum of 100 hours. (Only 20 of the hours can be pro bono.)
- Project: Complete an individual Advanced project
- Final Oral Exam: Successfully complete a final oral coaching exam
- * Additional fee applies for mentor coaching
Certification (ACCG Certification):**
Once you have graduated from the Advanced ADHD Coach Training program with an ACG designation, you can choose to:
- Work toward a next Mastery level
- Pause and go for Advanced certification (ACCG) as soon as you have met the graduate certification requirements shown below
Obtaining an ACCG certification means you have successfully met the requirements for and demonstrated coaching competency at the ICF PCC/PAAC PCAC level. The benefits of applying for the ACCG are that:
- You will be tested by assessors familiar with ADHD coaching who can provide you valuable feedback about your coaching skills
- You will have an ADDCA certification stating that you are an ADHD trained coach
- You will have a school certification before you have accumulated enough hours for an ICF PCC and/or a PAAC PCAC certification
- When you successfully received the ACCG, and have accumulated the requisite additional experience hours, you can apply at ICF as an ACTP applicant (and/or at PAAC as an AACTP applicant) rather than as a portfolio applicant.
In order to apply for your ACCG Certification from ADDCA, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a graduate of the ADDCA Advanced ADHD Coach Training program and have received your ACG designation (see above)
- Have coached at least 20 clients and accumulated at least 350 client coaching hours. Up to 30 of those hours can be pro bono, but the rest must be paid coaching hours.
- Obtain a letter from an ADHD MCC/MCAC mentor coach who has heard you coach and can attest that you are coaching at the ACCG/PCC/PCAC level
**Please note: There is an additional fee for the ACCG application process.
PLEASE NOTE: The courses listed below are designed to build upon one another.
They should be taken in the specific order presented below. Contact us if you have questions.
Register early as class sizes are limited.
Module 99 (Simply ADHD Course) *Pick one date only*
(S-62) November 17, 2015 - January 14, 2016 | T&Th 7:00-8:30 PM Eastern Time
(S-63) January 25, 2016 - March 7, 2016 | M&W 12:00-1:30 PM Eastern Time
(S-64) March 24, 2016 - May 10, 2016 | T&Th 10:00-11:30 AM Eastern Time
Module 100 (Personal Transformation Course) *Pick one date only*
(PT-61) November 23, 2015 - February 3, 2016 | M&W 10:00-11:30 AM Eastern Time
(PT-62) January 19, 2016 - March 17, 2016 | T&Th 7:00-8:30 PM Eastern Time
(PT-63) March 16, 2016 - May 18, 2016 | M&W 12:00-1:30 PM Eastern Time
(PT-64) May 17, 2016 - July 21, 2016 | T&Th 10:00-11:30 AM Eastern Time
Module 101-104 (Basic ADHD Coach Training Course) *Pick one date only*
(B-60) November 24, 2015 - March 8, 2016 | T&Th 3:00-4:30 PM Eastern Time
(B-61) February 17, 2016 - May 18, 2016 | M&W 10:00-11:30 AM Eastern Time
(B-62) March 22, 2016 - June 28, 2015 | T&Th 7:00-8:30 PM Eastern Time
(B-63) June 6, 2016 - September 12, 2016 | M&W 12:00-1:30 PM Eastern Time
(B-64) August 2, 2016 - November 1, 2016 | T&Th 10:00-11:30 AM Eastern Time
Module 201-207 (Advanced ADHD Coach Training Course) *Pick one date only*
(A-60) March 8, 2016 - September 8, 2016 | T&Th 8:00-9:30 PM Eastern Time
(A-62) July 6, 2016 - February 1, 2017 | M&W 3:00-4:30 PM Eastern Time
(A-64) November 8, 2016 - June 8, 2017 | T&Th 10:00-11:30 AM Eastern Time
Time Zone Converter
Pricing and RegistrationAdvanced ADHD Coach Training Program
Program Includes: Simply ADHD Course (M-99) ; Personal Transformation (PT) (M-100) ; Basic Course (M-101-104); Advanced Course ( M-201-207)
Payment in Full: $10,076
Pay In Full Registration
Payment Plan: $1595 Deposit - Then 12 Monthly Payments of $751 ($10,606)
Payment Plan Registration
Back to Top