Professional Advanced ADHD Coach Training Program
Are you an experienced coach looking to expand your coaching practice with a specialized set of skills that can potentially reach 17-20 million individuals with ADHD?
The Professional Advanced ADHD Coach Program (PACG) is an advanced level program built for coaches who have already been trained in core coaching competencies and who want to add the ADHD coaching component to their skill sets.
Find out why Life Coaches need ADHD training and certification here.
Get our free e-book to learn more about ADHD coaching, essential ADHD concepts and the importance of accreditation.
Requirements to join Professional Advanced Program
Because this particular ADDCA program trains advanced models and tools, it is essential that students have a solid grounding with their core coaching skills. Students registering for this Professional Advanced program will complete the Simply ADHD (M-99), Personal Transformation (M-100) courses and additional prep work (self-study- 9 hours) in addition to the Advanced training. This is all included in the registration.
To See If You Qualify: Please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to contact them with any specific questions. Please put Professional Advanced Training in the Subject Line
- Documentation of successful completion (at least 100 hours) of coach-specific training from an ICF-accredited (ACTP) coach training program
- Documentation of successful completion of 20 coaching client hours
- Documentation of successful completion of 5 hours of mentor coaching
Once complete, our Student Support Services team will email you a link to register for the Professional Advanced Program!
All teleclasses involve long distance learning conducted on the highest quality telephone bridge lines, which only your classmates can access.
This provides you and your classmates with your own "virtual" classroom which is private and supports confidentiality for sharing within class.
All teleclasses are recorded. If you miss an occasional teleclass or just want to review the class content, you can download the recording and listen when and where you prefer.
Module 99 (Simply ADHD Course) (6 weeks)
Two 90-minute teleclasses per week
Module 100 (Personal Transformation Course) (9 weeks)
Two 90-minute teleclasses per week
Required Prep Work (Module 200 - Intro to ADDCA models Recordings)
Self-study - Recordings must be listened
to before Advanced ADHD Coach Training Course begins
Module 201-207 (Advanced ADHD Coach Training Course) (32 weeks)
Two 90-minute teleclasses/week
Ten 60-minute practicum teleclasses occurring alongside modules 202 through 206 (10 sessions)
We have gone green! You will receive two, extensive, well-organized electronic ADDCA manuals, which include mind maps for visual learners, proprietary coaching models, and skill sets. Each manual can be accessed right before the next course begins. (Hard copy manuals are available for additional charge at checkout).
Password-protected student portal:
The student portal provides access to teleclass recordings, library, forums, and announcements.
All teleclasses are recorded so if you miss an occasional teleclass or just want to review, you can listen to the class recording 24/7.
Coaching Skills Practicum:
Coaching Skills Practicum teleclasses provide you opportunities to practice your skills and receive feedback from a credentialed teleclass leader. These Coaching Skills Practicum teleclasses occur throughout the Professional modules.
You will be matched with a classmate learning partner and be given weekly coaching exercises so that you can practice each skill in greater depth, in addition to receiving important feedback.
Marketing Support for Coach Graduates:
You will receive a free listing promoting your coaching practice on our highly visited, resourceful and easy to navigate ADDCA Coach Directory upon graduation from the Professional Advanced (PACG*) program, or upon attaining your ACCG* certification.
Completion of the Professional Advanced program which include Simply ADHD, Personal Transformation, and the modules of the Advanced course will give you 137.5 hours of core coaching competency training.
Please note: The cost of the program does not include..
The Cost for Phone Calls: Find Out More
The Cost for Mentor Coaching:
See Graduation/Certification Requirements. The cost of Mentor Coaching would be dependent on whether you do one-on-one mentor coaching or a combination of mentor group coaching and one-on-one mentor coaching. ADDCA does provide a recommended list of mentor coaches who have agreed to hold a few reduced-rate spots for ADDCA mentees. Mentor Coaches can have different rates.
The Cost of the Certification Application:
There is no application fee to apply and test for graduation. There is an application fee when you apply for the certification.
PACG = Professional Advanced Coach Graduate
ACCG = Certification for Professional Advanced Coach Program
Course ModulesSimply ADHD Course (M-99)
This foundational course, Simply ADHD, will provide you with proven tools and models that powerfully explain ADHD and executive function in everyday language. It will also help you identify how and where ADHD can impact daily living while improving your ability to manage it more effectively for an enhanced quality of life.
We explore the aspects of ADHD from a challenge as well as a strength context, look at environments for success, and offer some of the related neuroscience and concepts that apply to each ADHD trait. We also provide proven tools, proprietary models, and strategies that powerfully support those impacted by ADHD to allow them to minimize and/or manage it so they can live more joyful, fulfilling lives.
Personal Transformation (PT) (M-100)
During the Personal Transformation (PT) course, you will engage in a transformational exploration of a set of coaching tools you will use first for yourself, then with your ADHD clients. You will participate in your own process of growth and self development while also learning from the process of others. You'll get your first look at the ADDCA Foundational Principles which will provide you with a powerful lens to view your best, authentic self and begin developing your own foundational principles upon which your coaching business will stand.
The end goal of the PT course is to create a clear picture of the key strengths, values, and attributes which genuinely identify who you are so that what you choose to do with your life is aligned with your core essence as a human being. This will allow you to gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of what your clients with and without ADHD will experience in their own journey toward personal growth, success and fulfillment. It will provide you with expanded insight and confidence as you integrate the ADHD coaching skills with your future clients.
Required Prep Work (M-200)
Intro to LEAP & QUESTVERSATION Model Recordings
This required prep work consists of recordings designed to introduce you to two Basic ADDCA coaching models, LEAP & QUESTVERSATION©. These models are introduced in the Basic Course, so listening to these recordings is essential before beginning the Advanced Course.
Receiving the Client (Advanced M-201)
This module is designed to introduce you to the QUESTVERSATION© skill of Receiving. This is the first and foundational skill you'll use as a coach, and it is an essential element for powerfully impactful coaching.
Witnessing (Advanced M-202)
This module is designed to introduce you to the QUESTVERSATION© step of Witnessing, where we will further our understanding of being an Observer for our clients.
Questioning (Advanced M-203)
This module is designed to introduce you to the essential coaching skill of questioning that is used throughout the QUESTVERSATION© process. First, we'll explore what it means to powerfully question. That includes how questioning fits into the core competencies and supports the ADDCA Foundational Principles.
Filtering Thoughts and Beliefs (Advanced M-204)
This module is designed to introduce you to the skill of filtering clients’ thoughts and beliefs and provide you with some models and tools to effectively filter. First, we’ll discuss what it means to filter and the related ICF core competencies when we filter.
Activating a Plan (Advanced M-205)
This module is designed to introduce you to the skill of activating your clients’ plans and provide you with some models and tools to effectively get clients into action and keep them in action. First, we’ll discuss what it means to activate and the related ICF core competencies.
Reinventing a Successful Picture (Advanced M-206)
This module is designed to introduce you to the skill of reinventing a successful picture with your clients, and this module provides you with some models and tools to effectively help your clients see themselves in new, powerful ways and keep taking actions that support their powerful new self image.
Coaching Skills Practicum (Advanced M-207)
Coaching Skills Practicum (CSP) teleclasses provide you opportunities to practice your skills and receive oral and written feedback from credentialed, experienced teleclass leaders. You will also learn as you listen to your classmates' coaching and feedback, noting the steps of the conversation, practicing the ICF and PAAC coaching competencies, and listening/working from an ADHD lens.
Graduation and Certification Requirements
A student at ADDCA may be taking courses for a variety of purposes. Therefore, ADDCA offers different levels of accomplishment for the Professional Advanced ADHD Coach Training program.
I. Certificate of coach training hours Completion
II. Graduation (PACG designation)
III. Certification (ACCG certification) (see requirements below)
I. Certificate of coach training hours Completion (without PACG designation):
A student can receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’ of the ADDCA Professional Advanced Coach Training program, without PACG designation, if they elect to only attend and participate in the classes and complete the module reviews. Students wanting a ‘Certificate of Completion’ do not have to complete the requirements of mentor coaching, client coaching hours, welcome packet, coaching feedback, and final oral evaluation.
This certificate of coach training hours completion can be used as part of an ICF portfolio application or an ICF recertification. It could also be used for a PAAC certification application.
II. Graduation (PACG designation):
A student can graduate from the Professional Advanced program and receive an ADDCA Professional Advanced Coach Graduate (PACG) designation by meeting the Professional Advanced program graduation requirements.. A student can graduate with an PACG designation with a minimum of 142.5 hours of coach training by:
- Attendance: Completing the Simply ADHD (Module 99) , Personal Transformation (Module 100) and Advanced Course (Modules 201-206) at or above the required attendance level
- Prerequisite Recordings: Self-study to be completed before the start of Advanced Course (Modules 201-207)
- Module Review Questions: Successfully completing the Module Reviews for each module above
- Coaching Skills Practicum (CSP) (Module 207): Meet Coaching Skills Practicum teleclass requirements - ( Coach 4x / Observe 6 hours). You will also be scheduled for Coaching Skills Practicum (CSP) sessions. These CSP sessions take place at the same time of day as your regular program teleclasses, but on an alternate day of the week.
- Mentor Coaching: Have a minimum of 15 mentor coaching hours (up to 7 hours can be group/8 hours individual) from a ADHD PCC/PCAC or MCC/MCAC mentor coach
- Mentor Letter of Recommendation : Obtaining 1 Letter of Recommendation from your mentor coach confirming you are coaching at the PCC/PCAC level
- Client Coaching: Submitting a log confirming that he/she has coached at least 5 clients for a minimum of 100 hours (only 20 hours can be pro bono)
- Project: Having completed an individual research project
- Applying for Graduation: Request to schedule final oral coaching exam. A brief application is required.
Final Oral Exam: Successfully completing a final oral coaching exam
* Additional fee applies for mentor coaching
Once you have graduated from the Professional Advanced ADHD Coach Training program with an PACG designation, you can choose to:
- Work toward a next Mastery level
- Pause and go for Advanced certification (ACCG) as soon as you have met the graduate certification requirements shown below.
III. Certification (ACCG Certification):**
The benefits of Obtaining an ACCG certification means:
- You have successfully met the requirements for and demonstrated coaching competency at the ICF PCC/PAAC PCAC level.
- You will be tested by assessors familiar with ADHD coaching who can provide you valuable feedback about your coaching skills
- You will have an ADDCA certification stating that you are an Advanced level ADHD-trained coach
- You will have a school certification before you have accumulated enough hours for an ICF PCC and/or a PAAC PCAC certification
- When you successfully received the ACCG, and have accumulated the requisite additional experience hours, you can apply at ICF as an ACTP applicant (and/or at PAAC as an AACTP applicant) rather than as a portfolio applicant.
In order to apply for your ACCG Certification from ADDCA, you must meet the following requirements:
- Professional Advanced Graduate (PACG): Be a graduate of the ADDCA Professional Advanced ADHD Coach Training program and have received your PACG designation (see above)
- Client Coaching:Have coached at least 20 clients and accumulated at least 350 client coaching hours. Up to 30 of those hours can be pro bono, but the rest must be paid coaching hours.
- Mentor Coaching: Have a minimum of 15 mentor coaching hours ( up to 7 hours can be group/8 hours individual) from a ADHD PCC/PCAC or MCC/MCAC mentor coach
- Mentor Letter of Recommendation: Obtain a letter from an ADHD MCC/MCAC mentor coach who has heard you coach during your individual mentor sessions and can attest that you are coaching at the ACCG/PCC/PCAC level (second level of certification for ADDCA, ICF and PAAC
**Please note: There is an additional fee for the ACCG certification application process.
PLEASE NOTE: The courses listed below are designed to build upon one another.
They should be taken in the specific order presented below. Contact us if you have questions.
Register early as class sizes are limited.
Module 99 (Simply ADHD Course) *Pick one date only*
Begin with Module 99 (Simply ADHD Course)
(S-80) November 13, 2018 - January 15, 2019 | T&TH 7:00-8:30 PM Eastern Time
(S-81) January 21, 2019 – March 4, 2019 | M&W 2:00-3:30 PM Eastern Time
(S-82) March 12, 2019 – April 23, 2019 | T&Th 10:00-11:30 AM Eastern Time
Module 100 (Personal Transformation Course) *Pick one date only*
(PT-79) November 12, 2018 - January 28, 2019 | M&W 12:00-1:30 PM Eastern Time
(PT-80) January 22, 2019 - March 21, 2019 | T&TH 7:00-8:30 PM Eastern Time
(PT-81) March 13, 2019 - May 13, 2019 | M&W 2:00-3:30 PM Eastern Time
(PT-82) April 30, 2019 - June 27, 2019 | T&Th 10:00-11:30 AM Eastern Time
Module 201-207 (Advanced ADHD Coach Training Course) *Pick one date only*
(A-76) October 16, 2018 - May 9, 2019 | T&Th 2:00-3:30 PM Eastern Time
(A-79) May 13, 2019 - November 27, 2019 | M&W 10:00-11:30 AM Eastern Time
(A-82) October 10, 2019 - May 5, 2020 | T&TH 7:00-8:30 PM Eastern Time
Time Zone Converter
Pricing and Registration - Complete Program (Professional)Professional Advanced ADHD Coach Training Program
The Professional Advanced ADHD Coach Training Program is for individuals who are already certified/experienced coaches but want to add an ADHD certification to their portfolio.
Program Registration Includes: Simply ADHD Course (M-99) ; Personal Transformation (PT) Course (M-100); Self Study Prep Work ( 9 hours); Advanced Course ( M-201-207)
You must obtain approval before registration.
Professional Advanced ADHD Coach Training Program
Payment in Full: $6353 USD
Payment Plan: $1795 Deposit - Then 9 Monthly Payments of $544 (Total -$6887 USD)
Registration: See above for “Requirements to join”, then email email@example.com
Back to Top